Wednesday, November 6, 2013

huh, huh, I have already written like five emails.  this is exciting but my mind is jumbled so who knows if this is going to come out in a coherent manner.
this week!  lots of things happened.
we had steak conference last sunday, and all the missionaries from the metro came and we had a big missionary party (not but it was fun to see familiar faces in the crowd.) we heard lots of talks, including one about running perseverance and obedience.    
we said goodbye to sister broadhead who was our Sister Training Leader, as she is going to Corner Brook Newfoundland to train and be the STL there.  she was lots of fun to work with, and as a goodbye we spent last pday doing random fun things like wearing jeans and climbing the wave on the waterfront and donating blood.  I have pictures!  but I didn't actually donate because I've been getting over a cold and they disqualified me.  one of the sisters that we were with had a bad reaction because they hit the nerve, and that was fun.  in the end only one of us donated, ( my companion) and we left triumphant (of sorts).
we taught lots of people, mainly less active members and recent converts, all of our investigators seem to have dropped off the face of the earth for a while.  kind of scary but they have the choice and I can only cross my fingers and pray that they do what is right and read their scriptures.
I randomly lost my camera halfway through the week, because we were raking leaves in a members yard after having borrowed their rake to serve other people, and was super sad about it for a while.  but then it randomly showed up in the Dartmouth sister's apartment and i have no Idea how it got there.  none.  i think it may have apparated. 
I think of you guys all the time, I hope you are well and enjoying life and spreading the gospel to every creature.  here's a scripture:
"but thus saith the Lord: Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered; for the Mighty God shall deliver his people. For thus saith the Lord: I will contend with them that contend with thee."
2 nephi 6:6-13.
like jacob, I love the words of Isaiah, and know that the promises of the Lord are real, and that he does walk with us and fight with us when we engage in his work.  never forget the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.

I love you all, Be righteous,

Sister christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment