Monday, September 9, 2013

I am getting transferred. surprise!
it's actually really funny, because I kind of expected that it would happen soon, but I was hoping that I would have a full six months in Newfoundland.  but apparently the Lord has a different plan.  I will be going to Coal Harbor, part of the Halifax metro district.  so I can finally get my hair dye from the mission office and dye my hair!

the sad thing about it is that #1 I have to leave all these awesome people here just before things pick up.  there are four new families in the branch and all of them are stoked about missionary work.  and all of the wonderful people I won't see and friends I will miss.  I will truly miss Newfoundland.  #2 is that we just spent half a transfer planning for District conference and my plane leaves the day before.  It is ridiculous.  I am on the program for Saturday night.  I'm supposed to paint faces during our service project.  We invited all the less actives we could contact, and many many more people to the concerts that will be happening.  my new companion will be playing in the orchestra, but I won't be there!  It's like planning my own birthday party and finding out that I missed it somehow. good times.
I will write letters to those I've left behind.  and hopefully find time at the end of all this in fourteen months to return to visit. that and I promised a few key people that I would.  the good thing is that out of a weird loophole I have an extra six months on my visa, so I'll get there somehow.
Other than that this week has been the best I've ever had.  I am really sad that I am leaving but I have to go.
random thought of the week, the other day I saw this,
Inline image 1
and just had to laugh to myself.  I'd hate to have that driveway.

I love you all, and wish you all well.

1 comment:

  1. having trouble with the picture she sent. It is of a driveway with a fire hydrant right in the middle of it. I'll keep trying. BLogger doesn't like its url address

    ReplyDelete